Alan Discont, DPM
Hospitals- Banner Desert Medical Center
Dr. Discont is board certified in foot and ankle surgery and has practiced in the east valley for over 35 years. President of the AZ State Podiatry Association and previous faculty advisor for many podiatric medical colleges, frequent lecturer and contributor on foot health topics for medical societies, public organizations and local television networks including, CBS “Your Health,” Fox “Medical News,” KAZTC Morning Scramble & TV15 “Sonoran Living”.
Dr. Discont received his pre-medical education at Ohio Sate University and the University of Arizona, his doctorate in podiatric medicine at the Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine, Cleveland Ohio. After acquiring additional specialized surgical training at dedicated hospitals in Phoenix, Baltimore, Detroit, Cleveland and Tucson, he performed his medical and surgical residency in Mesa, Arizona.
- Arizona Podiatric Medical Association, President
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- Academy of Ambulatory Foot Surgeons
- International Society Podiatric Laser Surgeons
- American Podiatric Arthroscopic Association