Jonathan Fox, MD
Hospitals- Banner Desert Medical Center
President & Medical Director, Desert Orthopedic Specialists
specialty: Hip, Knee, Shoulder & Ankle
Dr. Fox is President and Medical Director of Desert Orthopedic Specialists. He is Board Certified by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons. He received his medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical School and served his internship and residency at Maricopa Medical Center in Phoenix, AZ. Dr. Fox completed an AO International Orthopedic Adult Reconstructive and Trauma Fellowship at the University of Munich, Germany. He is a member of several local, state and national organizations.
Specialty and Interests- Hip, Knee, Shoulder & Ankle
Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery since: 1987 and recertified in 1997 and 2007
In private practice since 1985
Honors & Memberships
- Voted one of the top orthopedic surgeons, Phoenix, Magazine
- 1997 Voted among the top most nominated physicians among all specialties, Phoenix, Magazine 199
- 1984 Chief Resident in Orthopedic Surgery
- 1985 AO International Orthopedic Traumatology Fellowship; Chirurgische Klinik Innenstadt, University of Munich, Trauma Hospital, Munich, West Germany.
- 1975 Daniel S. Bestor Scholarship, for the study of Veterinary Medicine; University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
- 1972 Alpha Zeta National College of Agriculture Honorary; University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
- 1971-1975 Dean's List, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
- 1971 National Honor Society, Westside High School, Omaha, Nebraska
- Undergraduate- University of Nebraska, Lincoln, Nebraska
Degree - BS Integrated Studies, 1971-1975
- Medical School - University of Nebraska, Omaha, Nebraska; 1975-1979
- Internship - Maricopa Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ; 1979-1981 Degree - General Surgery
- Residency - Maricopa Medical Center, St Joseph's Hospital, Arizona Crippled Childrens Hospital, Phoenix Veteran's Administration Hospital Phoenix, AZ; 1981-1984
Degree - Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellowship-Chirurgische Klinik Innenstadt, Munich, West Germany; Adult Reconstructive and Trauma Surgery, 1985