The Banner CORE Center for Orthopedics aims to set the standard in orthopedic care for patients by pioneering new research tools, innovative technologies, evidenced-based care and standardized protocols. Physicians participating in this program are held to a series of quality metrics. By using standardized protocols centered on evidenced-based research, we ensure that everyone is practicing world class medicine and that the best outcomes for patients are achieved.
The Banner CORE Center for Orthopedics was built upon a foundation of the sub-specialty orthopedic offerings at Banner Health and The CORE Institute’s vision of orthopedic excellence across the spectrum of orthopedic sciences. The joint venture now offers orthopedic patients an advantage by providing a seamless continuum of care throughout the duration of their stay at Banner Del Webb, Desert, Estrella and Thunderbird Medical Centers. It also provides the opportunity for the hospital to add more orthopedic services, particularly orthopedic spine surgery and sports medicine, to its already robust offerings.
Ensuring quality care and outcomes, the Banner CORE Center for Orthopedics continuously monitors quality metrics, including but are not limited to:
- Measuring appropriate antibiotic usage
- Measurement of appropriate urinary catheter usage
- Patient readmission within 60 days due to blood clot
- Patient Complication Rates
- Patient readmission within 30-days of surgery
- Physician Communication with Patients
- Post-Operative Communication Survey
- Managing patient education classes